1. If you would like a category added for a specific smartphone then do so in the appropriate area.

Ideas

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by Kagedws6, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Kagedws6

Kagedws6 Administrator Staff Member

at the moment you could do one for the burst if there still is a following for it. I had a g2 that died 1 month after the warranty was up. I'm borrowing a friend's old galaxy s3 until income tax time and hopefully I can get a Oneplus one or something along those lines. i'm not much help right now lol

2. Adam

Adam Administrator Staff Member

Yeah I don't know if there's still a following for an old cheapie like the burst anymore or not.

I'm on a g3 at the moment but I switch phones all the time lol.

3. Kagedws6

so I fixed my friend's s3 (vol up was broken, I lost the actual volume button, glass cracked) as a thank you for offering me the phone to use and setting me up with someone that had a no boot s4. his s3 was tmo and because it had been upgraded to 4.3 officially I couldn't downgrade to do the free sim unlock so I never really got to use it except on wifi but I had my nexus 7 so I still didn't even use it then. the s4 turns out had a bad usb port which is an easy swap, and cracked glass which isn't really that noticable but I figured I'd order the parts anyway just to have them on hand. justglad I was able to pop the s3 battery into the s4 just to atleast kick it on and wipe it and make sure it was ok before sinking any money into it. as it is I had to trade a different tablet that I got as payment for fixing a friend's laptop. I just gotta figure out what I'ma do with the LG G2 now. its weird it will boot and run but with no warning it will freeze and go into bootloop madness. I even left it on over the weekend and it didn't freeze once. I tried to play with it a lil in hopes that I could have my phone back and right back to freeze/bootloop.

4. Adam

I'm guessing you've already tried reloading the stock image back onto the g2? For that matter what all have you tried and maybe we can think of something to remedy it between the two of us.

On another note, went to columbia last night to buy an iphone 6 cheap to resell and noticed it had a developers mode lol. Turned out to be a fake iphone 6, glad I caught that before making the mistake. Even the imei checked out as an iphone, but was just a cheap china copy of one but casing looked exactly like a genuine.

5. Kagedws6

oh wow good catch! as far as the g2 I almost think something with the memory got damaged but the stock flash I don't think is repartitioning or formatting the memory before going back to stock *found that out when I had to go to recovery and do a factory wipe before it would boot up after the stock flash.

I got the s4 running. the usb port flex cable came in today and the battery charged up fine. lol I'm actually reimaging it back to stock at the moment because when I went to flash the recovery threw adb it didn't want to boot back up.

6. Adam

Did you try to reflash it using the lg flash tool or just a stock image to flash through recovery on the g2.

7. Kagedws6

using the lg flash tool

8. Adam

Ok so you already tried the kdz file method. Does it do the same thing if you flash a custom rom to the g2?

9. Kagedws6

yeah I tried both the lg flash tool and tried aftermarket roms. it looks like its gonna work. and right when I think I'm good and try to do something thats when I get the freeze then bootloop

10. Adam

That's annoying just thinking about it. From looking on google it does seem to be an ongoing problem with the g2's and most people had to have it exchanged under warranty but i'm guessing its already ran out on warranty lol

11. Kagedws6

Yes 1 month after it expired this happened

12. Adam

Isn't it amazing how anything anymore seems to die right after warranty is up lol.

13. Kagedws6

Lol ya.

14. Kagedws6

Errr the modems on the stock flash for the s4 wasn't included I guess in the Odin file I used. Lol no Wi-Fi or data atm

15. Adam

16. Kagedws6

wow not sure how I missed it but after a certian point the bootloader is locked and the option of cwm or twrp is gone. thats why I had to use odin to unbrick it. I had to push it back to one of the versions after the locked bootloader

17. Kagedws6

Can you throw up an Att Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 section? I'll start dumping any info I find atleast to organize the info for anyone else

**edit** scratch that I figured it out :p

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  18. Adam

Yeah you should be able to do everything you were able to before lol

19. Kagedws6

lol this time I won't clutter things up by adding every thing I can think of

20. Adam

I did the same thing lol, I do think we had way to many empty forums before.

Kagedws6 likes this.